View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2007
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation
Default Using BELKIN router in OSX

This may only apply to Australian users since certainly my ISP recommends this router which is specifically designed for Australia.

1. The Belkin UPnP is enabled by default.
2. Must turn OSX firewall off else forward a port. * It seems the router firmware clashes with OSX's firewall. As soon as OSX's firewall was turned off the brick wall within LW disappeared (after a computer reboot.) And yes, the OSX firewall already had a setting for LW. Since I only use the OSX firewall intermittently such as when visiting suspicious sites, this is not a major issue. I can simply enable it whilst not using LW.
3. The Belkin firmware's advanced options only show with the newer versions of browsers such as Safari, Firefox & Opera. It will not show when using Internet Explorer or Netscape. Examples of this below in attachments.

So in summary, simply disable OSX's firewall when using LW & leave the rest up to the router's UPnP to handle.
Attached Thumbnails
Using BELKIN router in OSX-belkin-advanced-page.gif   Using BELKIN router in OSX-belkin-australia.gif