View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2007
Novicius

mozza is flying high

Hi
Just an update on my last post
After reading an earlier post on here, I tried using LW at an unusually unearthly time of 7am, which I had never done before (who would at that time in the morning?) but tried this, just out of curiosity.
LW worked perfectly! I couldn’t believe it, after spending hours of finding out where this other firewall was showing as blocking me to the LW connection that I knew nothing about - that’s because there wasn’t a second firewall on my PC (I had already made an exception for LW in the windows firewall, the only firewall that I knew of on my PC).
The answer that took me 6months to find out, was tiscali limiting me at peak time. Tiscali had previously advised me to uninstall their program and then reinstall it, to try and cure my connection problems.
It made no difference in using LW and took 4 hours to try and regain an internet connection!! plus an hour on the helpline to them.
I have been on LW for 3 days in a row at this time and it still works!! Bliss!! However , the LW connection icon bars start to reduce at about 11 am and at this point the downloading process stops.
I would advise anyone with same prob on Tiscali to give this a try, it maybe your only solution until you switch your ISP.