View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2007
Enthusiast

johnyboy is flying high

> The answer that took me 6months to find out, was tiscali limiting me at peak time.

is it definitely them actually blocking do you think? or a case of too much traffic in general? it is probably actual blocking isn't it, because web pages etc continue to work ok.

i've been emailing them continuously for the last few months and i received a phone call message from them today about me not being able to use p2p during non peak hours. i was out and they said they'd try again later.

i've had an email from them categorically stating they do not block p2p traffic. there surely is a legal issue here?

i can't use lw at all at the moment -- no connection so can't search. maybe it'd work at 7am but it isn't at about 1 or 2 am.

> I have been on LW for 3 days in a row at this time and it still works!! Bliss!! However , the LW connection icon bars start to reduce at about 11 am and at this point the downloading process stops.

so you're getting 4 hours a day of p2p use and that's it? and that's bliss?!

does what port is used (in lw's preferences) make any difference has anyone found?