View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2007
Apprentice

wump is flying high
Default 2.8.10.98 (at least) issue

I use Mac OS X.3.9, so am limited to Phex 2.8.10.98 so this issue may not be present in newer versions. I seem to get "crashes" after extended sessions (maybe several days) signaled by a periodic "too many open files" and some other alerts that come and go from the right lower corner of the screen. I say "crashes" because Phex no longers seems to be responsive to controls or, sometimes, it's responsive but will not quit despite running through the visual part of the process (repeatedly if one cares to do so). Thus I have to force quit.

The problem comes in when the force quit occurs in such a way that Phex "forgets" what it was doing. IOW, the .phex folder contents gets crumped so that what Phex was doing gets lost (doesn't always happen - probably a function of exactly what error got Phex into whatever limiting condition it's reporting). This can leave a number of INCOMPLETE files in the Incomplete directory which no longer are known to Phex when restarted.

Perhaps there's some means, as there is in Limewire via its Library view, of continuing previously aborted downloads. If so, I've been unable to locate it.

A real downside of this behavior is that incomplete files build up in a place that users don't typically look, gobbling up space.