View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2007
Apprentice

Pommie5 is flying high
Default Connection Problem - with Tiscali.co.uk

Hi Forum Members, my first post.

For some time now my Limewire will consistently not connect at certain times of the day. My ISP is an unlimited account with Tiscali.co.uk.
Despite the unlimited account, I am aware of their Fair Usage Policy in that between 18.00hrs and 23.00hrs, for good reasons, high downloads will be restricted. This is very clear and I accept this condition of the contract.
I do not use Limewire or other downloading software during these hours and I have never had any communication from my ISP that there is any problem in the use of my account. However I am finding that my Limewire will not connect up to two to three hours prior to and after the restricted period.
It will sometimes just sit there indication "Starting Connection" and sometimes it will show "Waiting for stable connections" in the status column of the downloads.
Before I speak to my ISP, is there anything that could be causing this other than an ISP problem.
Like I said it is so consistently colse to the restriction period, and it always works flawlessly outside of this period, that I suspect that my server / area is having extra time restrictions applied, outside the agreed contract and terms of the Fair Usage Policy.
Anybody goot any similar experiences or knowledge ?

Thanks Pommie5