View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2007
The Folksinger

silverbonn is flying high

Wait a minute! Wait a minute! Hold the fort, ppl! I feel an explanation/apology is in order.
I signed on to this forum coz I'd wanted to post a question abt troubles I'd had w. playing ".wma" extensions (since resolved). Couldn't do so coz wasn't a member. Registered, got blasted w/ requests to "intro myself" & decided to do that first.
Wrote "Doe, a deer...," previewed it, saw the R-word was banned & discovered a time-period existed for adding polls. (Had crafted "Has a Song Ever Changed Your Mind About an Issue?" but was rejected for "exceeding the time limit on adding a poll.")
Thinking URSULA was the Board Op, I sent her a pvt post/email discussing both issues. (My bad! Sorry, Ursula!)
I must admit, "wondering why," when *I* first read Ursula's post, I too, thought she was "dissing me." ("What ruffled HER panties? Am I being dissed?") But then, rereading it (sev'l times), realized it was not ME she was p.o.'d about, but the censoring of the "R-word!" (For those NOT in the know, the word in question means, "an unwanted, often violent, sexual attack." <At least THAT made it past the censor!>)
("WHAT...whatever is wrong with the third to last word I quoted above????? <NOTE: the word was UNDERLINED, not "quoted."> "...why some robot function hit this post so stupidly!")
Is everyone up to speed now?
As you can see, it's not ME Ursula's p.o.'d about, but the CENSORING of the "R-word." (As was *I*, at first. Please read on...)
As I wrote in my pvt msg to Ursula, I think the reason it was banned is because the "robot function" <smile> used by the forum must be a word editor, ie, word-specific and not a contextual editor. Better to have a word "banned" because there's no way to determine a word's contextual use, than to allow it to be used in a threatening manner.
So my thanx to both of you! (Each "coming to my defense" in different ways.)
Isn't it interesting that all THREE of us are women? (SMILES!)
HUGZ ALL the way 'round!
"silverbonn"