View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2002
Novicius

23user23 is flying high

Of course i understand that u dont condone such activity, i guess otherways there would be no need for a discussion

Well i understand that point. actually i already thought about this dilemma. but do u really think that a network, that is so decentrelized like gnutella could really be forced to introduce something they dont want ??? how could that be possible ?

if it would be like that then a had to agree with u, since ur personal freedom should not be cut even if some people abuse it in the worst way posible.

but if not, an editable filter list would actually leave it again to everyones one responsibility which seach requests to block and wich not. keywords that would only be blocked on a few computers scattered over the network would actually not influence your search results very much (thanks to the way gnutella searches). but as soon as a certain percentage joins this idea, it would work very well agains stuff that is simply unwanted in the network and not to speak of the really useless tons of hits that would be filtered out which would help the network in general alot.