View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2007
Confuddled

umakbill is flying high

Sorry about that, I couldn't find the information formy-thingy when I posted.

1. OS version? Mac OS 9.2.2
2. What firewalls you have? None
3. How much ram? 128 MB
4. Hard Disk space available? 1.2 GB
5. Connection type? Cable/ hi-speed
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? RCA DCM425
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? House
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) 4.0.10 LW, dunno about the Java, it didn't say.
9. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? Comcast
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? *zelda music* Test worked!
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. Nope.
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. 1st time.
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? Not at all good sir.
http://www.gnutellaforums.com/attach...1&d=1158099342
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled? Regular ethernet cable.
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? Some people might not be aware that their security suite includes a firewall. Norton Antivirus/ Systemworks. (No firewall, I checked. I know enough about that kind of thing.(I think... )
16. What country are you living in? Sometimes there are ISPs with the same name in more than one country (eg Clearwire in the USA & also in Ireland). USA.

I tried the manual connect, changed the memory settings to 60000 still froze, and I still can't connect. I'll try the Command+option reboot. Thanks!