View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2002
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Patchmaster
LimeWire has a fabulous opportunity to capitalize on the Morpheus situation. The client Streamcast chose to, uh, use as their baseline leaves a lot to be desired.
Just to clarify something, even though the FastTrack network is essentially dead and i've resorted to using Limewire doesn't mean i'm going to let you talk badly about Morpheus. I agree that the FastTrack system that Morpheus used under license has some problems, but it was/is the most advanced file sharing program to date. Even now, Limewire (which is the "cutting edge" of gnutella development) is still trying to add support for "swarmed" downloads and "ultrapeers" that FastTrack created in its "second-generation p2p network" so long ago. That's why the FastTrack network grew so fast and left gnutella in the dust. That's why I and many other people used Morpheus and their reputation for pioneering technology and their dedication to a spyware-free product is why I will use it again when they rebuild themselves.

On a related note, has anyone tried the posted patch on a windows system yet?

Update on my downloads: I've finished one (just one!!!) file and two more have stopped at 99%...total downloaded, 4 gigabytes