View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2007
Novicius

RobaloBill is flying high
Smile File conversions for DVD

Hi All
I'm new to this forum...found it through google. I am just getting into
video editing, with a new camera I bought for fishing the ocean. It's an Olympus Stylus 720SW...it's angler proof ..shock proof to 5 feet, waterproof to 10 feet. So far I've been content taking photos... this last week I came across a pod of whales and tried the movie feature. I got about 5 minutes of footage and am trying to put edit the shots. The kicker is the software "Olympus Master" saves files as JPEG or MOV.
I have Nero 6/ Photo Shop 7...great for ever thing ...but this MOV format. I have several systems built my primary one runs XP on a Prescott chip 3.2GHz with 2G ram...2 CD/DVD burners a Pioneer DVR-111D and a LiteOn DVDRW. After reading some posts it looks like I would need AVS Video Tools, Video Converter, Audio Tools, Video Editor, DVD Player, DVD Copy, TV Box. for conversion and upgrade to Nero 7 for DVD burning of movies. My question is will the avsmedia package do MOV files. Is there any other way I can I can get these to mpg, mpeg, rm or Avie?
I'm not getting much support from Olympus...I think I'm stuck with MOV format. Unless some one makes a waterproof digital that records in AVI?

Thanks Much
Bill