View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2007
Apprentice

evenson is flying high
Default Weird Connection Issues

Using windows XP, SP2, wireless router ( wired connection ), and a motorola surfboard cable modem.

Anyways, I've went over this with my IT guys and they cant figure it out, so maybe one of you guys can.

With bearshare lite, Most of the time I just get not connected, and it tries to connect for a long time before I just give up, When it finally does connect it is yellow and says UDP firewalled, now the weird part about this is, I've been using bearshare for years and I have no new networking stuff except the modem, but I switched out the modem and tried the old one early today ( Just got the isp IT to do a Mac ID swap. ) Anywho, Like I said, no network settings have been changed. This problem is with my computer, as well as the computer upstairs and with that being said, the problem still occurs with being connected to the router as well as a direct connection to the cable modem.

So I doubt that its a router problem. Now heres where it gets interesting, I also cannot download any torrents, using any type of torrent app. They all just connect to the seeds, say they're downloading but stay at 0kbps and do not move. This also happens when I use limewire and it FINALLY connects, I can start a download, it'll say "Downloading from xx hosts" but it stays at 0 kbps and doesn't move.

I cannot connect to ANY p2p program except for the new bearshare where you basically have to buy everything, that program lets me download songs.

I also can download anything from an ftp or http source, its just p2p programs that are giving me trouble, including torrents. So If anyone has any clue as to why this is happening ( Only been happening for a bout a week now ) give me a reply, because this is ridiculous