View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2007
Apprentice

andersen is flying high
Exclamation Limewire wont connect! Vist - mc afee

Hi
I've tryed to make Limewire connect on my vista but i can't get it to do it, so I could need some help :b
and when I'm in Limewire i can't open other internet pages

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98)
Windows vista basic

2. What firewalls you have?
McAfee

3. How much ram?
1918 mb

4. Hard Disk space available?
45,6 gb

5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.)
Broadband i think

6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers?
D-link DI-624+

7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)?
House

8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version.
Limewire 4.13.10 / Java 1.6.0_01

9. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
Don't know

10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there?
Your test worked!!

11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.
One other computer there use Limewire and one other the computer the router is on, but it isn't turned on so much.

12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user.
I haven't could connect on my new laptop, but on our old w98 i could always connect.

13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface?
http://www.gnutellaforums.com/attach...1&d=1158099342
Yes

14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled?
I don't know. Once i used utorrent i had to set it up, but i deleted it again because when i downloaded in utorrent my sister couldn't connect to the internet.

15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? Some people might not be aware that their security suite includes a firewall
McAfee SecurityCenter

16. What country are you living in? Sometimes there are ISPs with the same name in more than one country (eg Clearwire in the USA & also in Ireland).
Denmark

Please help me! I need limewire! Don't think bearshare is good because there are to few movies and there happend the same with bearflix as limewire