View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2007
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

For the first time I have actually tried converting them. But I have QT Pro. I was able to save as aiff, & movie which was equivalent to aiff & also apple lossless which I set in pro's export movie audio options.

I then went to the OSXHints article & followed their directions carefully. ie: Open the wma file in QT, Save As reference movie. Then drag & drop the reference movie file into iTunes, which it imported & played flawlessly. Since the Save As option is also in normal QT, you should find you also have this option.

* Note: I found some wma files didn't play in QuickTime; came up with error messages. And a couple others didn't have any sound. I don't know why. But make sure they are able to both open & play "with sound" in QT before trying this above technique out. The files that had no sound or couldn't open with QT, also refused to play in VLC. Yes VLC can also play most wma & wmv files, with a few exceptions. But VLC is only a player so it cannot convert.