View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2002
Enthusiast

Phantom81 is flying high
Cool Reasons for this post

I think you're right, Morgwen, i need to explain it a bit more:

On #gnutelladev we discussed about topics like network performance, the way different clients handle connections, commercial clients, etc.

We found, that an open-source standart, where everyone can do things as he wants to, has many disadvantages, because the clients behave different. That made us come to the result that a group of programmers, eg. all uncommercial servent coders, should come together and make a complete description how the protocol should be, that sounds a bit similar to the GDF with one difference: the GDF is ruled by Vinnie&Co. Having a high percentage of the marked isn't a reason for becoming a dictator. There are much GREAT programmers working on servents, and I don't like it when good people working on good, but incompatible things! -- and to make it compatible would be easy: come together with all the other programmers and discuss the best ways how to realize something, and: write it down for the future and new servents

I hope you understand it now a bit better

Success: Some programmers have already found together and discuss about ways to implement/improve the protocol description 0.7 by Moak!!!!

I think you all should have a look at this!

Phantom81