View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2007
Novicius

djrage is flying high
Cool UPnP

If you have a DSL modem, it also has to be Universal Plug & Play enabled in it's modem configuration setup. Call your ISP tech support & they can guide you through your particular modem setup. Good luck!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmoozie View Post
Chat was already enabled on both LMs.

We installed the new 4.4.3 version on the windows computer and disabled the firewall, but it still says that the firewall or a router is blocking the direct connect feature. In the options/firewall, it says that LM can work aroud the router by using UPnP but it doesn't do it.

If I select the "manual port" it says that I have to configure the router also. But I just tried that earlier and I lost all internet connections on both computers! I had to call Linksys support to reconfigure the router. So I'm pretty scared to play around with that again. The problem was that it's the mac that has the primary internal IP and when we assigned a static IP, it wasn't for the right computer. Anyway, I'm sure there's an easier (and fool-proof) way.

On the MS website, I found an upgrade for peer-to-peer connections, maybe that will work. The only other info I found there was that Windows 2000 is AppleTalk compatible, but nothing about win xp. There has to be a way for us to network because right now, we can't even share a printer! We have to play with the cables all the time.

In the Network setup wizard, it says that we have to run it on all computers that we want on the network, but I obviously can't run a win app on the mac (much less a win configured cd or floppy...).

If you can find anything alse, please keep me posted! I'm pulling my hair out over this!

Thanks