View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2007
Novicius

shindees is flying high
Default Can't connect (OSX 10.4.10)

Hi,

I am new to LW and I don't know what I am doing. I have been reading through the threads and I am even more confused. I have a Mac G4 and I have wireless broadband. I contacted the broadband company and they stressted they do not have any blocks/firewalls. When I go into Sharing/Firewall is states my firewall in off. It is when I read about ports and UPnP that is when I get completely confused.

I have been trying to sort this problem with 2 days and still no luck. Any help would be appreciated. I have provided my info below.

1. OS version? Mac OS X Tiger v10.4.10
2. What firewalls you have?
3. How much ram? 256 MB (I am not sure where to find this)
4. Hard Disk space available? 30GB
5. Connection type? Wireless broadband
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? I do not have a router box, I have a wire coming from a satalite dish on the roof into my ethernet connection on my computer.
7. Where are you trying to connect from (home, school, work, etc.)? Home
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? LW 4.12.11 & Java 1.5.0_07

9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? AHC Networks (powered by Azotel)
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? It says your test worked.
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? No
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. 1st time user
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? Yes