View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2007
Novicius

walker19775000 is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronWalkhouse View Post
Changing that rate number in setup has no effect on your connection. All it does
is calibrate the speed gauge, so you might aswell leave it as accutate as possible
instead of raising it higher than what speed you already get. All you get for that is
a speed guage which makes your connection look slower.

Changing your download limits to the numbers you suggest are pointless because
the software will still limit you to 50 and the real world rarely gets up to 30.
Allowing 999 in the GUID was just an inside joke between us beta testers and the
programmers.

The best way to propel slow downloads along is to keep the searches going
because that is the only way to find more sources from which you can download.

You can also right-click on any download or highlight them all and right-click,
then select "Find more sources" and that will send out a search for the exact file.
Only BearShare and Shareaza return results on this kind of search, but it does work.
What i had said were test that I have done and I stand by it. I have seen differences in changing the settings. I do agree with you on the find more sources because I know that works also. Another thing that works is right clicking on the peers that are blank and trying to connect to them. Because I have seen that Bearshare does not try to connect to every peer. As for what I said before I stand by it and also know other people that will stand by it. Don't get me wrong I love using Bearshare but it is far from perfect like plenty of other programs.