View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2007
Devotee

Anonymous Coward is flying high
Default Make blocking large amounts of IP's easy

After searching around on the forums for a while not finding much relevant stuff, I thought I'd submit a humble feature request. Should you have received one just like it before from someone else, consider this message a vote for it.
This request consists of three related, equally important parts:
  1. When you right-click a file with multiple sources, the "block host" menu item should read "block hosts" and it should block all hosts for that file.
  2. If you select multiple files, and you select "block host(s)", it should work as expected.
  3. When hosts are blocked they should immediately be removed from all search result tabs. Files that are then left without sources should be removed from the search results. All connections, if any, to newly blocked hosts should be immediately terminated.
The rationale behind this is that LimeWire is getting rapidly unusable due to excessive spam. The primary reason this spam has a chance is that blocking hosts is unproportionally difficult in LimeWire. When I look at the average number of hosts per spam file, the nubmer of spam files, and the hosts hosting more than one spam file, I estimate that the above changes would make blocking hosts about a factor 100 easier.