View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2007
Download Junkie

darbea is flying high
Thumbs up Search querry

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicat_in_lv View Post

can someone tell me a way to find a good file

When I search, I rarely use the title of the movie... it seems to bring up a bunch of bogus files. I don't really know that for sure,it just seems that way.

I use different search queries, using the file extension, such as avi, divx, movie, dvd, xvid, things along those lines. I also use a year, such as 2007, 2006, 1990, whatever. I sometimes use the actor's name. Other queries are: peerweb, descargasweb, sharereactor, torrentfive. Spelling is crucial. I think other people have different methods... you can get other ideas by clicking on your monitor tab, then check the box labeled "show incoming searches". you'll start to see a fast scrolling list of others' queries, as they pass by your machine. Just because you checked that box does not mean you opened up your computer to anybody. These queries are coming by anyway; all you are doing is enabling yourself to look at them. Also, why you are there, you can see who is downloading files from your computer. you can right-click on their name, and you'll have a choice to kill the download (not always fair, make your own decision after the third option). The second option is to open up a chat. if there is no smiley by the person's name, then the chat choice is greyed out. The third choice is what I just mentioned earlier. that choice is to 'browse host', meaning that while he is downloading from you, you may have a chance to download from him. If the choice is greyed out, that means he is not willing (or can't for some unknown reason) share his files with you. Right there you can choose whether to kill his download from you, since he is not giving anything back. Purely your choice. Sometimes, there are those who let you browse them, but the file they point you to contains rubbish. Could be anything from EULA's, doc files for apps, a few dll files, or whatever, but nothing substansive.http://www.gnutellaforums.com/images/smilies/mad.gif
These people are even worse than leeches. When you encounter scum like this, a suggestion would be to write down their isp number, then kill their link. Go to the options menu (tools > options > filters > host), and enter his isp number to block him.http://www.gnutellaforums.com/images/smilies/RTFM.gif
You don't really have to do this, it is entirely your choice. I choose to do it because he is manipulating the system - he's trying to evade the "leech" filter by 'sharing' files.
I find it frustrating because I share over 500 files - all genuine - clean, and real. I'm not saying taht you would like everything I have, but at least it is there, and it's clean. Over the past few years the Limewire (PRO) community has been good to me, and I feel a responsibilty to pass it on.
I guess I went off topic there, sorry. http://www.gnutellaforums.com/images/smilies/ilzu.gif
As for search queries, be creative. Also, as far as movies go, do not trust anything below 650MGs. It is either bogus, or extremely poor quality. actually, I have found anything below 690 to be undesireable. Sometimes movies come in two parts; usually these are of excellent quality. 700MG and above is a good guide. Hope this helps. Oh, one more thing: ALWAYS VERIFY EACH FILE WITH BITZI. crucial.

/

Last edited by ursula; July 27th, 2007 at 09:44 AM.