View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2007
Novicius

guitarplayer07 is flying high
Default Problem with limewire NEED HELP!

Sometimes after i start limewire, it'll just like shut it's self off and like disappear from the toolbar, then when i restart the program again, it says "loading magnet listener" or "loading messages" the whole time the program is in use. That would be fine and all, but when it's doing this, when i start to load something, it just says "queued" the whole time. The download still load, but it won't show a percent loaded or anything like that. It's not a major problem, just an inconvienence. I haven't found out what causes it to shut off the first time yet, because it does so at some of the most random times.

Whenever i start using limewire, i get a pop-up from Nortan Anti-virus that says "Nortan Internet Worm Protection has detected a remote system that is attempting to access on you computer. If you've started a program the requires Internet access such as online gaming, file sharing, or instant messaging, then select Permit to allow the program to continue." Now the rest of it shows what the "remote system" is. It shows that the system is Limewire, and what it's direction is (most recent case inbound but i do believe it changes) the ports (normally it's 7857, which is supposed to be like the port that it says it listens on under the firewall configuration, but if you either permit or block enough of these it'll eventually change) and the remote address and remote ports (but i never pay much attention to those because they always change). Now i'm no computer buff so i don't know what the heck is going on. Last time i had Limewire, none of this happened, but since i re-downloaded it, it's started doing this. I read somewhere that i may need to configure my firewall that i use, so i went under Nortan Antivirus and looked around until i found threats and exclusions. Under exclusions i put "C:\program files\LimeWire\LimeWire.exe" Apparently that didn't work, because these pop-ups still come. I've no clue what to do. could someone please help me!?!?!

I know it's a lot to look at but if someone could please help it would be much appreciated, because i download a lot of music and this little inconvienences do add up.

Last edited by guitarplayer07; July 28th, 2007 at 10:31 PM.