View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2007
Old Fart

rpbizzle is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Coward View Post
This is not a bug, it's a feature. You can turn off the browse feature. If you want to know why I'd suggest searching the internet; there are good reasons for it. Blocking people who have the browse feature turned of would necessitate a search for every connection, clogging the network. Also, due to the way the network works, this would probably result in the network being effectively split in two, between those with the browse feature turned off and those with it turned on. Clearly, this is not a good thing, especially for those with the browse feature turned on, since they appear to be in the minority.
I'm using the Limewire Pro Beta and I haven't seen anywhere within the program the option of switching browse on/off. Would you be kind enough to point me in the direction of a forum that has this browse topic.
I guess I could use Google and type "Limewire browse issues". At any rate, I'm not meaning to come off as a jerk about this browse issue. I just don't like the idea of: "I can see you, but you can't see me" bit.

So...I just won't leave my Limewire running 24/7 as I had intended to do.