View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2007
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough

Paul

From what I have found out, it seems that your modem does not have a built in firewall but your router has. This is what D-Link says about it:
Quote:
With the DI-524 Wireless Router's built-in advanced firewall, threats of hackers penetrating your network are minimized. Some firewall features include functions that allow or disallow certain ports to be open for certain applications. Time scheduling can be established as a firewall rule so that specific ports will be open at certain times and be closed at other times. Features like content filtering, MAC filtering, URL blocking, and domain blocking are useful tools to prevent other unwanted intruders from connecting to your network or browsing restricted sites.
So, I suggest that you first download a userguide and read up on your equipment, here is the URL:

D-Link DI-524 High Speed 2.4GHz (802.11g) Wireless Router

Finally, I could not find anything that could help you configure your router on the "Port Forwarding" site other than "PFConfig" an automated port forwarding utility which you may have to buy, here is the URL:

https://portforward.com/store/pfconfig.cgi

However, check out the site because something could be there that may help you:

PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

Good Luck

UK Bob