View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2007
Apprentice

platterpile is flying high

Good job on the ****** lost! Not so lucky here- Oh Well... I did as suggested and still seem to have the firewall thing going on. This is pissing me off. I've never had this problem before. I have always been able to correct this simple stuff.
These might be the details you asked for?????
1. OS version? Tiger OS X [10.4.10]
2. What firewalls you have? only system preferences and they've been disabled: I'm running with NO firewalls.
3. How much ram? 512
4. Hard Disk space available? 80/38GB left...
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) DSL
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Yahoo 2Wire Home Portal 1000HW - internal modem
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? wirelessly, at home
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. LW 4.14.0 & Java
9. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? IP Address: **********
ISP Host: ********** Sbcglobal.net
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? It [the website] acknowledged my Stellar Abilities at folling the simplest of tasks by both me and my slave, 17" G4 Powerbook, are up to it. Indeed it worked
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. home eithernet
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. 14 mos.
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? yes
http://www.gnutellaforums.com/attach...1&d=1158099342
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled? port forwarding
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? Some people might not be aware that their security suite includes a firewall Nada-0
16. What country are you living in? Sometimes there are ISPs with the same name in more than one country (eg Clearwire in the USA & also in Ireland). USA

Where there should be joy in my heart there is sorrow. I really do not enjoy being unable to solve the easy ones! Pretty frustrating. Thanks for all your concern, help & time.
'Ciao for now,
platterpile

Last edited by 6_pac; August 6th, 2007 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Not a good idea to post your ip addy ;)