View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2007
Apprentice

7thheaven is flying high

same problem here.. been off LW fora year now with no fix and it doesn't work.. figured i would try one last resort before giving up... i startup fine, but it never connects to anything... even after days of it running... i have a similar setup

1. OS version? Tiger OS X [10.4.10]
2. What firewalls you have? only system preferences and they've been disabled: I'm running with NO firewalls.
3. How much ram? 2 gig
4. Hard Disk space available? 100 gigs
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) cable - comcast
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? motorolla modem thru airport
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? wirelessly, at home
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? Limewire 4.14.2 / Java 1.5.0_07
9. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? comcast
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? It [the website] acknowledged my Stellar Abilities at folling the simplest of tasks by both me and my slave, 17" G4 Powerbook, are up to it. It worked
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? Home eithernet
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. - used LW for many years, this issue has been going for over a year now
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? yes
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled? not sure
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? no anti virus
16. What country are you living in? USA