Thread: Firewall?????
View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2007
Novicius

dan1can is flying high
Question Firewall?????

I really need some help......you may have to bear with me as I am particularly un-technical and am having problems connecting to limewire.

I have downloaded successfully and have a brick wall in front of the globe in the bottom left hand corner. I have tried everything in the help menu(unlikely, but I think so) I have even gone as far as turning off the firewall and that has not worked.

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98) - Windows XP
2. What firewalls you have? Zone Labs?
3. How much ram? 480mbs
4. Hard Disk space available? ???
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) - ADSL
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Premium Combo ADSL Router - Telkom SA
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? House
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. 4.14.1LW 1.60_02Java
9. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?Telkom
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? Page cannot be found
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. No
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. - 1st Try
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? Yes...tried all suggestions though
http://www.gnutellaforums.com/attach...1&d=1158099342
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled? ?????
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? Some people might not be aware that their security suite includes a firewall AVG AntiVirus
16. What country are you living in? Sometimes there are ISPs with the same name in more than one country (eg Clearwire in the USA & also in Ireland). South Africa

Will really appreciate if you could help me out

Thanks