Thread: Try this again
View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2007
Novicius

munkeechi is flying high

you'll have to excuse my ignorance (computer are not my thing by far lol) but what do you mean by shaping bandwith? If it works ok on my father's computer (same household) on the same isp, shouldn't it work on mine?
There is no nat firewall on our router (asked the old man... he's a computer nut). We just can't figure it out. I'm now not only having problems with limewire but another website I download games from. It's telling me it cannot connect to the internet when I am always connected.

We tried working with the wireless settings, doing something (I have NO idea what!) to the ummm wish I could remember what it's called but it's like the background system, almost a log of everything that ever gets done on the computer.. we used something called ccleaner for it? We've played around with firewalls, antivirus.. we've tried so many different things I quite honestly can't remember what they all are.

Needless to say, it is getting frustrating.. more so because I would really like to play the game I want more than limewire. It seems the problem occured once I uninstalled Norton antivirus a few weeks ago, however I did uninstall it correctly so I really don't know...