View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2007
Apprentice

twisted is flying high
Talking can't search for anything

I have moved this post for I realized it would be a connection problem not a installation, cause i already installed it, i just can't get any results for my searches...

eh.. I'm using lmewire 4.8.1 cuz my mac is only a 10.1 (do must upgrade) I have it all installed and when I go to the search I narrow my search by clicking the audio tab.. Then I pick a genre like, rock, rap, etc.. I click the search and a window comes up that says: LimeWire is currently connecting to the network. Your search may not return many results until you are fully connect. At the bottom is a box you can check if you wish to not display the message again. I dont check the box i just click ok and a search tab comes up with a loading bar on it. The bar reaches full but nothing loads in the list.

I have read some other threads on going to tools.. I never found anything about license warning which may be the problem.. I found the popup thing and ticked return to default but it didnt seem to do anything.

Much help is appreciated

For the change search license i followed the step by step instructions.. The given pictures for the mac instructions look very similar to my setup.. I click on preferences.. I click on the searching tab.. instead of something that says basic i got something that says limited.. however when i click on the i get the same window with the first box saying maxium searches than its just blank below that.. I don't have another box that says license warning above.. is the license warning somewhere else?

P.S. in pop ups when i click return to default and click apply the window that you click apply on disapears and the preferences is back where is was and the box i checked to revert to default becomes unchecked then i close preferences and no changes have seemed to taken effect..

Considering in my preferences<searching<limited<nothing that says license warning.. In the step by step pictures it shows similar set up with the dialog box above saying maxium searches which is set on 5.. then below that is just white.. blank.. nothing.. nada.. so if the license warning is hidden some where else in the preferences or something please tell.