View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2007
The Final Frontier

foolofthehill has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizmander View Post
Yes, I stand by what I posted....no one seems to care....at least no one that has a solution to the problem...others who have the same issue care, but Limewire techs do not....I have asked them several times during the past year, and they DO NOT CARE...I paid the fee, but they STILL do not care. The "volunteers" you mention just keep asking about disk space on the effected user's pc's, and once advised that this is not the issue, they fade back into the woodwork and we are left with the problem....so, NO ONE CARES!

Do YOU have a solution? :We are more than happy to listen if you do.
First of all my friend, we here at the GNUTELLA FORUMS are just normal people like you and the others, who use/have used various P2P applications. Due to our experience we offer advice to other people having problems in using such applications. And we do this in our FREE TIME without any expectation of getting anything in return, except a thank you every now and then. We are surely not spending our time here to be screamed and yelled at or attacked just because someone doesn't get their application to work properly !!!
And just the fact that we help here doesn't mean that we a have an answer for any or all problems related to one P2P application.
We are not related to LimeWire in any way or form other than that it is just one of several P2P applications on the market.
Anyone member here can only help you as far as their knowledge of certain problems lasts....

I gave you a direct link to the LimeWire Developer Forum and it is up to you and others to go there and asked the developers of the application you have paid money for what the basis of your problem is and how to fix it !!

Having said that and being not a person whining about a problem and rather trying to find a solution by myself I tell you what I would try if confronted with such a problem:

Since the error message refers to a hardware of the system I would delete all related programs, folders, and registry entries of said application.
That means:
START>Programs>LimeWire>Uninstall
START>Control Panel>Add/Remove Software>Java (all Java)
START>Search for Files and Folders>" .limewire " (first search query), " LimeWire " (second search query) {including the hidden folders in the search of both} and delete them
START>Run... " regedit " Edit>Find... " limewire " and delete any found entry and then repeat the search till none are left

Afterwards I would reboot my computer in Safe Mode and make a defragmentation of my HDD twice !!

Then I would go and download the newest Java version as JRE offline installer and install it and reboot.
Then I would do the same with LimeWire, but this I would do in Safe Mode.

If that hadn't solved the issue yet, I would right click the LW icon, go to Properties>Compatibility and change the compatibility Mode to Windows NT (or Windows 2000 if the first didn't solve the problem)

And in case that wouldn't lead to success, I would download another P2P application (such as FrostWire or Phex) after having uninstalled LimeWire again and installed that to see if this error message also appears with this (those) program(s).

But again, that's what I would try,.....you of course can just take my link, go to the LimeWire Developer Forum and complain, scream and yell at them, since it was them who took your money not WE AT THE GNUTELLA FORUMS !!!!

Cheers