View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2002
Musher

Rhohl is flying high
Question 'option' windows incomplete/ LW 2.2.4 Pro Too

LW-PRO 2.2.4 does the same!

I purchased LW-Pro 2.1.3 about (1)mo. ago, downloaded (11.x Mg), installed and it seems to run OK.
Visits to my dnld page show a constant(?) change in new versions.
When the version number reached LW 2.2.x and forum comments spoke of
'improvements and bug fixes" with LW 2.2, decided to install it on Mar 10-11, 2002.
Downloaded ( the smaller version (4.6 Mg) (it took two tries); installed (again, it took two tries) and
now LW 2.2.4 Pro seems to run OK but as you have said the 'options' windows are not complete.
Tried increasing memory (1,2,3,5Mg) but no fix.

Could this be because of the "upgrade" download?
I had (still have) LW 1.7; LW 2.1.3 Pro so I figured that I could avoid the 11.x Mg version
(I'm on a dial-up so file size counts).

Or, should I uninstall and try a reinstallation from the existing installer?

Or, should I go for a new installer? full version or upgrade?

Also, with this continous version change and my Pro purchase, am I now testing Beta LW?
If so, I don't like it in that 'Beta' is not my level of computer expertise.
Give me the tried and tested versions and let the 'techies' deal with the flaws.

I'm on a old Mac, Performa 6360, 40g HD, 81Mg RAM, dial-up modem, one button mouse.
But, I like LW and have sucessfully downloaded over 240 files in the past 5 months.
I've spent a lot of time going through the FAQ's ( they are mostly for PeeCee users);
My Mac has a one button mouse so don't tell me about 'right clicking' and the "Option+click" or
"Command+click" is not a work-around on my Mac. Did you try it? Who at LW is the MAC expert?
On LW 2.2.4 Pro, I cannot "change view" from the "bit rate" to "host address" in the search window.
I want the Host address...
it allows us dial-uppers to 'daisy chain' onto multiple files, even when "disconnected"!

I'm glad I have (3) LW's and recommend that users should not 'dump' old versions of LW
until you are comfortable with the new version. Depending on what I'm looking for,
I think that each version has advantages (to me).
The only problem is getting all three versions 'feeding' into the same folders....
it usually takes me a day to get it right.

Thank you

Last edited by Rhohl; March 13th, 2002 at 07:15 AM.