View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2002
Novicius

Nuthing is flying high

When i first discovered morpheus it was great. I toyed arround with limewire and others, but it was almost impossible to make a download on my 56k modem. Fed up with gnutella (although i loved the GPL thing and all the open source), i tried morpheus partly because it had no spyware, and voila, I can download 100MB files along days, without worrying about shuting my connection of, or not finding the right guy, etc. Maybe things have changed, but as i remebered, the gnutella protocol sucked compared to the one used by morpheus and kazaa, especially for my poor dial-up connection.

I admit that i'm wrong, so could someone please tell me in what gnutella is better, mainly, does gnutella allow multiple downloads and resuming?? I think it does allow resumes, but not multiple downloads. As i said, the experience I had it sucked. Even when i managed to get a stable connection, finishing a download was almost impossible(at 98% the transfer would fail). And (at least i thought that) i had to remain connected through all the download, no resumes.

About all that "morpheu users are leechers", come on, if that was the case it wouldn't work, and it worked very well.
Besides, with morpheus it was easy to share; because of the multiple connections it is easier to share files through a dial-up line. Even if my upload bandwith is low, there will be lots of other with small bandwith that together will allow a fast download.

In windows i'm using kazaa now, i tried morpheus for a while and all the bad experience in gnutella came back again. In my Linux system i might try gnutella again to see if i like it.