View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2007
Riding a Pale Horse and Wielding THE Sword of the Forum

Peerless is a jewel in the rough

LG eh...well, they are good enough makers of electronics, though I have no idea about computers...

your machine is indeed centered around the P4 2.53GHz 533 FSB Northwood core cpu...that's an excellent version of the P4 using .13 micron technology which was the best of the socket 478's IMHO...they run cooler and can usually be overclocked quite well...though since its not a custom machine I doubt that is an available option in the BIOS of the motherboard....if it is, then I would think that getting a further upgrade of PC3200 ram (DDR400) and pushing the FSB up a bit would make that machine sing and still be well within its ability to cope...but it seems like this whole schmeel is beyond your desires...but I have to say that that HP machine your using is probably crammed full of malware...HP takes payments from companies to load that cr@p on their machines (that's how they sell them so cheaply)..bleh..

So Long and Thanks for All the Files

Beware of the big 3 insurance companies in Texas! Read your policies carefully (maybe you'll need a lawyer) Allstate, Farmers & State Farm are overextended and their 'coverage' is worthless...a true waste of your money Read This