View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2007
Apprentice

randomkid is flying high

try this>>>>>

I think i've cracked it!! please everyone try this
Hello all,

I had to join up and post back because.....

WOO-HOO, MY LIMEWIRE WORKS!!!!!
(for the moment rite)

Bas- you da man.

I'm runnin vista home Premium on a dell 640m laptop. 1.66 duo2. 1024ram. 80G HD.

1. What McAfee programs are installed, and which version?
McAfee Security center 7.2
Virus Scan 11.2
Personal Firewall 8.2
Spam Killer 8.2
Privacy Service 9.2

2. Are you able to identify which McAfee program is the cause of the issue.
Tried "- click Start
- click Run
- type: services.msc
- click OK
BUT THEN

VERY IMPORTANT>>>>>>

I DOUBLE CLICKED McFEE RE-DIRECT LINE AS BAS SAID, CLICKED "STOP" AND ALSO THE SELECTED "DELAYED START UP automatic" FROM THE LIST.

Its downloading faster than i can decide what to look for. (30kb/s average on 2meg virgin BB, even just from 1 host, faster if more) about 2mins per track-is that fast?

Also your LW must be set to run on start up- this is so LW kicks in before Mc-afee does. you can open and exit LW after that many times in a session and it has run fine 10 hours since first post now at 5 + reboots
Do give the green bars a min or two to kick in tho.

What version of LimeWire (Pro) are you using?

4. What ports have you configured for LimeWire? Does the issue exist if you try different ports?
didnt need try

5. Opening ports in the McAfee Firewall:
- didnt need try

6. What other solutions / work-arounds have you tried already?
Also:
I dont know if this did anything tho its worth a go But i read somewhere about a limewire>aero interface conflict so i changed my Desktop apperance to windows classic (yea i had forgot what it looked like too, like a breeze block!) just before i did the "Mcfee, services.msc, redirect" thing. Limewire started working so i changed it back to Aero BASIC (why stress your machine on colours n shades)and its still working.

Did it matter , i dunno but hey.

This is my first post here so i hope it made somes day?

RK