View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2007
Novicius

EloiseClauida is flying high
Default I hate lw

Hi
I've tried everything to get the stupid LimeWire working! I've had no problems untill yesterday.
ok hears what happend, i have xp (which means different user accounts) so i downloaded a new Java cause i was bored and on miniclip and the game police chopper needed a new java. so downloaded that then when i went out, came back went on my account again and downloaded limewire. and realised the connection was only one bar and there was a brick wall in front of the earth icon. so i turned the firewalls of and then searched the internet for answers and here i am.
PLEASE HELP IM GOING insane!
here's my details!:

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98)Windows XP
2. What firewalls you have?Windows XP and Norton 360
3. How much ram? 1GB
4. Hard Disk space available? 3.40 GHz
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.)Modem
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Tisclai Broadband
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? House
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. LW 4.14.8 Java 1.5.0_03
9. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? Mozilla Firefox
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? Your Test worked!
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. No
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. I've used LW before & it's only started happening yesterday
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface?
http://www.gnutellaforums.com/attach...1&d=1158099342. Not on the URL link page
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled? I dont know?
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? Some people might not be aware that their security suite includes a firewall. Norton 360
16. What country are you living in? Sometimes there are ISPs with the same name in more than one country (eg Clearwire in the USA & also in Ireland). England