Thread: parents beware
View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2007
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough

Larry

Whereas I agree with your sentiment, and I am a parent myself, but I have seen time after time parents like you come to this forum accusing, blaming and generally being obnoxious because they seem to have no clue what LW could do before they gave it to their children.

As Aaron said, "there is no LimeWire site" the application, which is a Peer to Peer app, connects P2P computer users with other P2P users. Since most P2P users the world over are adults, and adults cannot be told what they can or cannot store on their PCs, it is down to you to protect your children from coming into contact with “adult orientated” material when they are using LW.

However, I take it from your post that you did not look into LWs capabilities or even understood what "Peer to Peer" meant before letting your children use it. Well Larry, you have the Internet at your fingertips and you could have looked into this apps capabilities. If your children came into contact with something unsavoury then you really have nobody to blame but yourself because you did not look into the product before giving it them.

UK Bob