View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2007
Novicius

SWORDOTIS is flying high

Okay I'm having this same problem and I've been using Limewire for years w/o much issue. Here's the following info and then I'll try and provide further detail on the issue I'm experiencing

1. OS version? XP Pro 64bit
2. What firewalls you have? Just Windows Firewall
3. How much ram?3gigs
4. Hard Disk space available? ~200gigs on the C drive
5. Connection type? cable
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? couldn't tell you I just moved into a new place and neither of the house mates who were here know the user name or pwd to the router
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? house
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? Limewire 4.18.4, Java 1.6.0_02
9. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? Comcast I believe
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? I receive the your test worked message
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. there are two other computers on this router I assume(one for each of the other housemates)
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. new problem with experienced user.
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? yes but I've made sure Limewire is in the allowed applications list and what not.
http://www.gnutellaforums.com/attach...1&d=1158099342
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled? I hope so, I can't log in to find out.
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise
16. What country are you living in? USA

Alright, the issue is that I launch limewire, I get fully connected to the network, do a search for a song and receive multiple hits. I pick one, any one(yes even the one with low user counts) it pops up on the downloading list below the search window. From now on the file remains on Connecting and the connecting tried x out of y message and eventually displays "Need more sources". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling I've added the hostile host list to the Limewire folder in Application Data, I've used the connection tab to remove users and try to grab new ones. I've done this and still can;t get any file to download, I believe I originally even tried to get some small .doc to download once I noticed the issue and still nothing.

Aside from the router having UPnP disabled or something, which I hope it isn't, I can't fix it.

Last edited by SWORDOTIS; September 11th, 2007 at 03:35 PM.