View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2007
Riding a Pale Horse and Wielding THE Sword of the Forum

Peerless is a jewel in the rough

please be specific as to what you have on your machine...you say you have a dual boot, yet don't specify if they are both active (i.e. if you have a boot loader menu upon boot up which gives you the choice of what OS to boot into)...basically, how did this second OS get there? it is possible to edit your boot.ini file and for all effective purposes kill of the other OS and then be able to manually delete the files from your HDD...it would be far safer (considering you appear to have storage issues from what you say in another thread) to install another HDD for storage, back up all important data (read any file you wish to keep) and then do a reformat and clean install of the OS you wish to use...you will also have the option of creating a dual boot system with each OS residing on its own individual HDD which has a hell of a lot of advantages....but without any more detailed information from you my hands are tied as it were as to giving you any detailed advice...

looks like you beat me to the draw with your last post, as it wasn't there when I started to type this one....

for safety reasons I still advise the addition of another HDD, and while 250GB drives are currently in use for OS drives, I recommend 160GB max because of lifespan issues...

So Long and Thanks for All the Files

Beware of the big 3 insurance companies in Texas! Read your policies carefully (maybe you'll need a lawyer) Allstate, Farmers & State Farm are overextended and their 'coverage' is worthless...a true waste of your money Read This