View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2002
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered I think it's typical of clueless developers to think that any kind of coding talent is going to give themselves away to some "good Samaritan" o/s project. If you want to try it, do it, stop talking about it. If you want a P2P app to get big, you will incur huge costs, case closed. If you want to recoup those costs, you will find a revenue stream.
So do you think that Richard Stallman is a clueless developer? How about Linus Torvalds?

Gnucleus and the other open source clients are big enough, and I doubt that Swabby (John) has incurred the huge costs you mention. After you finish pulling your foot out of your mouth, you might want to try one of the open source clients, they're pretty darned good.

The RIAA can wipe out the for-profit companies, but they can never get rid of the open source on the Internet, no matter how hard they try. A for-profit client on a file sharing network? Like that's really gonna fly.

Gnutella is here to stay and so are musicians. They might as well use the best distribution medium around - Gnutella. If they want to get paid, well then there is PayPal. I'm certainly willing to make a donation to the cause, and I'm sure many others are, too.