View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2007
You caught my eye

wondering why is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
nope it didn't help i even tried

"Control Panel/Network and Internet Connections/Windows Firewall/Advanced tab/Settings button beside Local Area Connections Box/Under Services Tab, click ADD/ description of service "Gnutella", "external and Internal" type in 30446/check the bubble "TCP".
After that ADD another/ everything exactly the same as previous, but this time check the bubble "UDP".
Make sure you have a check mark beside both the new "Gnutella checkboxes."

this was in another forum from Bigcuz

i did everything and it still didn't work. in the "ip address of the computer hosting this service to your network" i put gnutella just like in the "description of service" and nothing worked. i am just gonna remove Limewire completely from my computer and find another source to d/l music and other stuff. thanks anyway
The other forum has given you instructions on port Forwarding...Try this instead and see how you go...

Try going to your Connections Tab in limewire, if it's not showing up go to Veiw > Show/Hide and make sure the connection tab has a tick next to it...
Then click on the Hosts and remove them and let Limewire search for some more...
(try to take note of the hosts IP numbers if the same ones keep re-appearing add them to your host filter...)

Tools > Options > Filters and select the Host Filter and add these IP's into it and select apply...

Try installing PeerGuardian, it will help keep the fake hosts out...Remember to enable PG just before you start limewire up...
Phoenix Labs » PeerGuardian 2

Another thing if you are using limewire 4.13 and later you can apply this hostile list...
The TechNutopia Fullsize Hostiles List for BearShare and LimeWire

If you dont live for something...
You die for nothing...