View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2002
Gnutella Admirer

Sephiroth is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgwen

Who said that Morpheus is free?

Seph read the posts before you post!

Morpheus has ads like limewire and bearshare!

BUT because Limewire is open source there is a CLEAN limewire version! I think there will be a CLEAN Morpheus versiontoo or the people will use Gnucleus!

But bearshare... who really cares about it!

Morgwen
Just posting that just because its open source doesnt mean its not commerical..

Will programs like limewire and morpheous which are commerical programs be welcomed on this open source network if they choose? I believe that users can create private networks with limewire and change the handshake in options..

"clean" verisons are not the source of any development all they do is take open source and even closed source programs and repackage it into a new installer.

Plenty of users care about Bearshare of course not many visit here. Maybe its because this forum is unwelcoming to bearshare users.. The phrase that was once spread about this forum being "open to all users of gnutella" seems more like a marketing ploy than reality. Because this place really isnt welcoming to everybody.. Look at all the bashing of bearshare and even pathetic personal attacks against its developer that goes on..

I dont care i support a better file sharing [www.zeropaid.com]site[/url] where all users & opinions really are welcome..