View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2007
The Final Frontier

foolofthehill has a spectacular aura about

Glad that I haven't stepped into this nice conversation at an earlier stage........guess I would have had to borrow the buttered broomstick of our fellow friend Peerless.........well, never mind...

Here is my 5-cent-worth...

Sometimes one has to do a real hardcore clean cut (i.e. uninstall) of limewire due to some registry conflicts (as I have already experienced).

So, my suggestion would be:

LimeWire uninstall via START>Program>LimeWire>Uninstall
Then restart of the computer followed by a search of all remaining folders (including the Preference Folder& the Complete/Incomplete Folder) via START>Search for Files and Folders using the search query " limewire "

Then one should go to START>Run and type " regedit ". In the opening window one should use the search for all registry entries referring to LimeWire by using the same search query.
Afterwards a restart of the computer is advisable.....

Next step would be to uninstall Java (all present versions) via START>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs.
Another restart after that is required.

From that point on one should have the off-line installer of both LW and the desired Java version as JRE (5.11 would be fine I guess) handy.

Firstly install the Java in safe mode and restart the computer.
Secondly install LW also in safe mode and restart again...

Cheers
FOTH