View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2007
Valued Member

ukbobboy01 will become famous soon enough
Default Request for Joe3211979 about the SpeedTouch 585v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe3211979
Hi ukbobby01
im having problems downloading on limewire and saw that you have got the same router and hope you would be able to help me out!!
until a few days ago i was getting good download speeds and no problem maintaining them but since installing my speedtouch 585v6 i can get a download going but the speed never stays constant even with 10 hosts am only getting about 10 KB/s

Did you have any problems setting yours up??

my computer is using windows xp media centre
The software release on the modem is 6.2.16.3
Same service provider as before AOL
Was using mcaffe firewall but uninstalled to try and sort, now just microsoft one

have tried port forwarding but not sure if i did i right tried to set up a static ip address but not sure if this would work as aol help page said aol does not support this.

Any ideas you have would be much appericeated i have been trying every thing i can think off since friday and nothing seems to make it download like it did with my old wired modem!!
joe
Hi Joe

Sorry I could not answer you request before but I have not been feeling too well over the past couple of days.

Anyway, I must first say that I am not an AOL user but have a friend who is, and he uses a BT Voyager 190 ADSL Modem which was supplied to him by AOL.

Secondly, have you initiated UPnP on in Limewire and on your modem?

Next, have you initiated UPnP and IDCG in your WinXP?

If the above doesn't help then try this solution put forward by sr1darkstar

http://www.gnutellaforums.com/connec...tml#post291372

Hope this helps.

UK Bob