View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2007
Enthusiast

jordan2 is flying high
Default Limewire "freezes"

I am using an Imac Intel Core 2 Duo, 20", 2.16 GHz,1GB of RAM, OS10.4.1 with a direct wired cable internet connection. I have lots of disk space.... over 100GB on my HD and a 250 GB external firewire HD. The "test" worked. I am the only user. I recently decided to try Limewire again (version 4.14.0 Pro.) and did so because I have many CD's that are screwed up and want to replace them.

I have about 100 or so songs in my queue that I want to download. They are in my queue of course because when I found them over a period of a couple of weeks, I could not download them since the hosts would not allow me to have them or went offline after I had put them in the queue. I still would like to find those songs. I keep trying and hope someone will have them.

I keep Limewire open whenever possible to share my files and they get hit quite frequently.

Here's the problem: When I start Limewire, I select all of the files to "find more sources." I then begin my searches while Limewire is trying to locate the files. (It rarely, if ever, finds any of those files when it starts up.)

When I search more than 7 or 8 artists at the same time, Limewire begins to get sluggish and eventually "freezes." By that I mean, I can't do anything for quite a while. And by that I mean, I can't search any other artists or titles, or open my library or do anything whatsoever. I just have to play the waiting game and hope the "freeze" goes away which is does sometimes. However, most of the time, it stays "frozen" or I get that dreaded spinning beach ball and I know then that all hope is lost. I have to force quit and start all over again.

It happens entirely too much.

Browsing a host is almost impossible if the host has more than a few hundred files. The same type of "freezing" occurs and Internal Errors" are frequent.

Thanks for any suggestions?