View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2007
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Likewise, the other we recommend is ad-ware (FREE) because it is p2p program friendly, but if it detects a p2p program with adware, etc. it will tell you.

I think I made my point earlier. Whilst some programs might be rated highly by whomever, (wonder if they were ever tested by non bias spyware/adware programmers) the question is how they react to programs from a different medium such as p2p. If NOD32 is detecting such, then chances are it is a false positive; an error. Poor programming in other words. Else, you have downloaded a virus & your FW is infected or the file is at that moment being downloaded/passing thru the program.

I can assure you FW does not have adware or spyware. Any utility that detects otherwise has not been programmed properly to cope with p2p programs, or as some utilities are deliberately designed, to be anti p2p programs. Yes some are deliberately coded that way in their detection process. I found this out after personal emails with the main author /owner of the anti spyware forums who is himself an anti spyware programmer. He has a reasonably good knowledge of the market in these areas.