View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2007
Novicius

gscottmil is flying high
Default what you MUST do to drag music from itunes to your ipod

What I hate about technophiles is that they forget to break it down so us mere mortals can understand this stuff. Even if they try to do so, they almost always leave some minor thing out which is crucial and is NEVER addressed even when we keep asking how to do something like "dragging songs from itunes to an ipod".....This is what I found to be the critical ommission: You must plug in your ipod via USB...then when it syncs and finishes all of that, look to the left of the itunes screen and click on your ipod icon....then it will show a screen to the right which has tabs at the top for your ipod management....THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART: you must click on the "summary" tab....go to the bottom of the page under "options" and make sure that you "check" the box for "manually manage music and videos"...THEN you will be able to get the files to drag from the music library or playlist where your limewire file is/are. THAT's IT! I never found this answer anywhere and it took me forever to figure it out on my own....one other thing...if you have trouble transferring limewire files to itunes, you can open itunes....go to "file"...go to "import..." OR "add file to library(this gives you a pop up which has you choose the folder where the file is...mine is the "shared" folder...c:documents and settings/my name/ shared.) double click on the file/files desired and it will transfer it to your itunes library....MINE WENT TO MY "PLAYLISTS" AND "RECENTLY ADDED". Hope this all helps!