View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2007
Novicius

sixstringlee is flying high
Default Skins Don't Work

I had the Lime Wire basic version 4.12 something, then I updated to 4.14.10. It acted weird, oh, the first version I had, already had the skins I wanted. Anyhow, I completely un-installed V. 4.12.something. I even searched for any "Lime Wire" related files and deleted them. That leads me to my problem. The new version only has the basic skin, and it says it has "Metal" but when I click on it says it does not exist or is invalid. Then I tried to download the red and the black skin. First I tried the "use Lime Wire' to download. The first time I tried it sent me to an error type page. The next time, it did nothing. Now, when I tried to do it using the browser. I saw the "How To Install" page, but the first problem was that I have Windows 98SE, and the folder that it tells me to download to doesn't exist. So I found that it was to go in C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Lime Wire\themes, but it doesn't work right. I unzipped it into a folder I named "Red_theme" since the regular theme had it's own folder, I figured it was supposed to have it's own folder. I tried to put it directly into C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\LimeWire\themes. It did nothing. What do I do?

Last edited by sixstringlee; November 11th, 2007 at 08:42 PM. Reason: forgot some