View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2007
Apprentice

Kasey52 is flying high
Smile

Mornin’ Birdy
I’ve just noticed how active you are in this forum. I’m not sure what they would do without you if you quit. How do you find the time?
I’ve tried one more avenue to get a response from Limewire (on principle), but after speaking to you I don’t really care anymore because they obviously don’t. It’s hard to see how they get repeat business with such an attitude.
You like the Brissie humidity! I’m originally from Victoria – the winters are nice in Brissie. I have lived in Darwin for nearly a year, now that was a real weather experience!
Thanks for the link to the change log – as you said there has been a lot of changes.
I always keep previous versions of everything while there is a chance that it could be needed. I’ve had excellent successes with the registered version because much of what I’m after I’ve never seen on CD.
Are the extra niceties removed when the registration expires? It can be hard to assess because once you have something, you don’t go looking for the same thing again. If I still have the extra links etc, my current version could serve me better than the latest free version, but if the extra stuff has been removed, then the latest free version would probably be better.
I have two PCs, so I may run both versions and search for exactly the same things and see what happens.
I’m not sure the Torrent capability is a selling point. There are very good fully featured dedicated Torrent applications out there that you don’t have to pay for to get everything.
My version of BS is about two year old. I haven’t bothered updating because I’ve just about given up trying to get it to find anything. I find that iMesh is fairly useless to for the same reason as BS, plus the link is always falling out when everything stays happily connected.
Cheers