View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2007
Novicius

lordmorgero is flying high

Hey im trying to connect to limewire and the globe with the wall is there, even though I opened the port and stuff…you probably know the story by now. Heres the info:

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98): Windows XP
2. What firewalls you have?: Windows Firewall
3. How much ram?: 1 GB
4. Hard Disk space available?: 151 GB
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.): Cable
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers?: No idea
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)?: House
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version.: Limewire 4.14.10 Java 1.6.0_03
9. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?: Comcast
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there?: Your test worked!!
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.: Yes private network
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user.: I had it on my old computer and it worked fine, then I switched to this one (the old computer used to be on the network Im currently-idk if that makes a difference) and I cant connect.
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? _ click here to see Sample image: yes
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled?:I tried both and neither worked
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? Some people might not be aware that their security suite includes a firewall [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Harry/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]: Just windows firewall
16. What country are you living in? Sometimes there are ISPs with the same name in more than one country (eg Clearwire in the USA & also in Ireland).: USA
Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!!

Last edited by lordmorgero; November 12th, 2007 at 05:15 PM.