View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2007
Apprentice

blutojohn88 is flying high
Default Answers for Birdy

Here's the answers to your questions, Birdy thankd for your help. Hope to hear form you again so I can solve this mess.

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98): Windows XP Media Edition
2. What firewalls you have?: Windows Firewall, Norton Internet Security Firewall
3. How much ram?: 1 GB
4. Hard Disk space available?: 200 GB
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.): Cable
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers?: Modem: Motorola; Router: D-Link
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)?: House
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version.: Limewire 4.14.10 Java 1.6.0_03
9. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?: Wave Broadband
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there?: Your test worked!!
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.: Yes, there are 2 Computers in the house; mine is hooked in directly to the modem, the other is lined to the wireless.
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user.: I had it on my computer, then it crashed, I had to do a system recovery. I never had trouble the first time I loaded and used Limewire before the crash.
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? _ click here to see Sample image: yes
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled?:I have no idea; how do you tell?
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? Some people might not be aware that their security suite includes a firewall [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Harry/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]: Windows firewall, Norton's firewall, there's also spy subtract, but I've conigured that to allow Limewire.
16. What country are you living in? Sometimes there are ISPs with the same name in more than one country (eg Clearwire in the USA & also in Ireland).: USA
Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!!