View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2007
Novicius

helpfred is flying high
Default store information from txt file in array

Hi,

So i have been trying to simulate a gnutella network with query and queryhit, this is what i have so far.

I have a txt file containing these information:

so basically 1000 lines (it represent nodes, with 3 nighbours)
I need to read this txt file and store this file in an array, also i have another txt file conatins information like this:
so again nodes but this time with resources so 1000 is a node and 7 is a resource.
basically what i have to do is, query say node 1 to see if it has a resource of 6 in this case it has so ignore this one, so say query to node 2, as it dosent have resource 6 so now to look at its neighbours this information is then looking at the first file to see its neighburs:
I am trying to similate a gnutella network with just query and queryhit with ttl3 and ttl4. so here is the code i have so far.
Code:
  #include <iostream>  
  #include <fstream>
  #include <cstdlib>
  using namespace std; 
int main ()
{

ifstream inputFile;
inputFile.open("Network.txt");
if (!inputFile)
{
cout << "Error opening file!" << endl;
exit(1);
}
int data[1000]; // this line is Appended
int node;
int i=0;
////////// here is the code in which to put the elements of the file into the data array.
while (!inputFile.eof())
{  // keep reading until end-of-file
  inputFile >> node;
  data[i++] = node;
}

inputFile.close();
  return 0;
}

As this is my first programming task i have no idea whether i am doing this right.
If anyone can tell if i am on the right direction that would be great, or if you could point me to the right direction.
Thank you.