View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2007
Novicius

tapgirl is flying high
Angry

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

I tried booting in safe mode, then restarting, then trying LW again, but still the same problems as above. When I try to search, it says that "LW is connecting to the network" and I may not get search results until it is connected, but it never seems to connect. On the bars on the bottom, there is one grayed out bar (smallest) and four red ones. The Connections window is always blank (should there be anything there?).

I also tried deleting the Preferences folder and re-starting LW, but still no effect.

Here is the other info:

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98): Mac OS X 10.4.11
2. What firewalls you have? System Firewall, but it is disabled
3. How much ram? 1 GB (maximum)
4. Hard Disk space available? 60 GB
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) Cable
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Motorola Cable Modem SB5101
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? Home
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. 4.14.10 and Java 1.5
9. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? Cox Communications
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? "your test worked"
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. No
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. LW used to work on this computer, but I recently erased and re-installed OS and updated software versions; since then LW is not working
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? Yes, but in SyS Preferences is shows that firewall is off
14. For those using a modem/router, how is your modem/router set up...are you port forwarding or is UPnP enabled? ????
15. What security programs are you using (antivirus etc)? Some people might not be aware that their security suite includes a firewall None
16. What country are you living in? Sometimes there are ISPs with the same name in more than one country (eg Clearwire in the USA & also in Ireland). United States

Any other help out there? I really need this to work!